Everyone says “test” but for how long

Share This Post

You test until you have enough data to be actionable. The more data you have the more confidence you will have in your conclusions. So where you feel comfortable making changes will vary based on personality, the size of your campaigns, and you need to be accurate. Once you make a change, based on the results of your test, you should continue testing for both confirmations that you made the right change, as well as for further enhancements.

Most people do a way too little testing and make many of their decisions based solely on anecdotal evidence. This, of course, leads to many bad decisions. I suggest that you study the principles of a valid test. Learn the difference between anecdotal evidence and empirical data.

As a rule of thumb, the same test repeated 103 times will give you roughly 80% probability with a 20% margin of error, and 312 tests will get you to about 90% probability with a 10% margin of error. It’s up to you to decide how much accuracy you need to make a change. Generally, you need at least 30 repeats to have a better than 50% probability of being correct.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Get updates and learn from the best

More To Explore

Adobe Premiere Elements 2022

https://www.adobe.com/ph_en/products/premiere-elements.html Tell your stories and share your memories in creative ways. Have fun turning your video clips into great-looking movies with automated editing and step-by-step

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020

https://www.adobe.com/ph_en/products/photoshop-elements.html Bring out your creativity to share your life stories.   With Adobe AI, automated editing options, and step-by-step guidance, you have everything you need to turn your

Do You Want To Boost Your Business?

drop us a line and keep in touch

DonBurk.com

We Would Be Happy To Meet You And Learn All About Your Business